Direct Action Response Training
December 2-3, 2017
The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!!
When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do?
In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K.
The Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background.
It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”.
The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application. A manual and all training aids will be provided. A D.A.R.K. (Direct Action Response Kit) may also be provided to each student as part of the tuition.
The course covers the following:
- Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
- The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
- H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
- Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
- Hands-on application of the IMK
- Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
- Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
- Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
- Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
- Application of tourniquets
- Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
- Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
- Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
- Response to active shooter situation
- Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
- Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
- Mass casualty triage procedure
- Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)
- Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
- Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
- An open mind
**Note: Direct Action Response Training will count for certification in B-CON through the American College of Surgeons. It also provides 16 hours of CEU’s, per CECBEMS, to NREMT EMT-Basics/Advanced and Paramedics
Who is this class perfect for?
> This class is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background.
> It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”.
> Civilians, Police Officers, Law Enforcement, School Teachers, Business Owners, Moms, Dads, Parents, Guardians, Range and Safety Officers… this class is excellent if you have little to no medical training and are enthusiastic to learn need-to-know information to help save lives!
WHEN: 2-3 December 2017, Saturday and Sunday
3059 Washington St.
Waukegan, IL 60084
TIME: 9am to 5pm both days
Do you have more questions?
**PLEASE NOTE there is a $25 per day site fee (total of $50) that will be collected on Day 1**
Where do I register and pay?!
More about Dark Angel Medical here.