Frequently Asked Questions
What are your conditions of use and buyers responsibilities?
By purchasing a firearm from us, you agree to all the manufacturer safety instructions and to use a firearm in a safe manner in an approved area for legal purposes only. Improper use of a firearm is dangerous. Purchasing a firearm from GTR Sporting Club implies you comply with ALL of the following:
- Responsibility for informing and educating yourself with all local laws and ordinances
- Compliance with the firearm laws in your area
- Full assumption of legality with regards to the purchased item
- Notifying GTR Sporting Club immediately with concerns to the legality of our product and prior to the transfer of ownership
- Payment of the item to which you purchased and all fees associated with cancellation/changes to your order
- Buyer is of legal age for the firearm that is being purchased
- Any item being purchased, the buyer must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Pass a background check for any firearm is ordered prior to the shipping of the firearm to a valid FFL and GTR Sporting Club may request state identification before completely processing any order
- Valid contact information must be provided at checkout in the event that a purchaser needs to be contacted about the sale of the item
- That you are aware, acknowledge and accept all federal laws with regards to obtaining, purchasing, and operating a firearm and/or related accessories.
- You understand that using a firearm may expose you to lead and that GTR Sporting Club cannot be held responsible for lead exposure.
- The sale of a firearm is not limited to the above and the purchaser understands and complies with all federal, state and local laws with regards to their purchase.
In order to possess a firearm you will be required to pass a background check and complete paperwork with regards to the sale. Typically, a dealer will receive one of the following responses – approved, delayed, or denied. State and local regulations may vary with the time frame you are able to obtain the gun after the sale. We suggest you research your local ordinances, laws, and regulations prior to purchasing a firearm.
Please visit the following link to view the current ATF paperwork:
If you fail to pass a background check or are denied, you are solely responsible for the shipping and costs associated with sending the firearm back to GTR Sporting Club.
You must be 18 or older to purchase a rifle or shotgun and 21 or older to purchase a handgun. Check your local & state laws.
Contact us and we will see what we can do! It is our job to help you find the item you want.
We ONLY ship UPS. Please see the shipping details with regards to shipping requirements. Rates may vary based on location.
A Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a license in the United States that permits an individual or company to engage in a business pertaining to the manufacture or importation of firearms and ammunition, or the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms. All firearms sold online must be shipped to a local gun dealer that has a valid FFL. Holding an FFL to engage in the sale and transfer of a firearm is a legal requirement within the United States since 1968.
Typically, yes. A transfer fee of $60 depending on the transaction. Please contact the FFL dealer you are going to work with for details. You will be responsible for providing payment at the time of the transfer.
No. All firearms must be shipped to a valid FFL.
All sales of firearms are considered final unless the firearm is considered defective immediately upon receipt, unless the transaction is considered “as is” and any issue has been clearly outlined and accepted prior to the sale. Once a firearm transfer has been made, any and all issues with regards to functionality must be addressed with the manufacturer.
Any returns must be authorized and GTR Sporting Club must be notified prior to any refund is given. Any returns that are shipped without prior authorization with GTR Sporting Club will be refused. It is recommended that when returning a product, you obtain a tracking number for your records.
Federal firearm regulations require the customer name and billing name to match. The birthdate of the individual must match the buyer and this person must be the intended recipient of the firearm. Once the transaction has been completed online, only this individual is eligible to obtain the firearm from the selected FFL.
Your order is shipped based on availability. You can expect your order to ship within 3-7 business days from the time funds have posted. Our 3rd party credit card processor verifies all information provided at check out to ensure valid information – this process may take 1-2 business days to post to our account.
This process may also take longer if the product must be obtained directly from the manufacturer. In this instance, you will likely be contacted; however, feel free to call us anytime for the status of your order. All orders are not considered complete until payment has posted and processed.
Please call us directly to arrange your purchase. Once we have confirmed your order and that inventory is available, you may send a certified check payable to: GTR Sporting Club, 3059 Washington Street, Waukegan, IL 60085. Please allow 5 business days for the check to clear. Once the funds have cleared, your order will ship in 3-7 business days.
Yes. Please contact the GTR Sporting Club Armory for details. We are always interested in trades and purchases from customers in all 50 states.
It is not uncommon to notice residual powder, rotation marks, residual cosmoline (which has a rust-like appearance) when purchasing a new firearm. The reason for this is that many new firearms are tested at the factory. Any used or factory recertified firearms must be and will be clearly stated prior to the sale of the item. If you have any concerns, please contact us directly.
Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are accepted as payment for all transactions. Debit cards may only be run as credit cards. American Express is not accepted as a form of payment. Certified check is accepted at checkout; however, payment must clear before the sale is considered final. Please contact us directly if you plan to send a certified check.
Certified checks must be made payable and mailed to:
GTR Sporting Club
3059 Washington Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
Please make a notation in the memo field that references your order number.